Go grab a pound cake, some strawberry ice cream, heavy whipping cream, and some berries… I’ll be right here waiting for ya.
Author: Kate @ Diethood
- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In your mixer’s bowl, combine cream, vanilla, and sugar.
- Beat the mixture on high until stiff peaks form; about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Put it in the fridge until ready to use.
|Strawberries and Cream Ice Cream Cake|
- Whipping cream
- 1 all-butter pound cake (I use Sara Lee), cut into 8 slices
- 2 cups strawberry ice cream
- 10 whole strawberries, sliced
- Line a 9×5 loaf pan with aluminum foil, leaving an overhang on opposite sides to lift the cake out.
- Place half of cake slices in a single layer in bottom of prepared pan.
- Using an offset spatula, spread the ice cream over cake.
- Layer sliced strawberries over ice cream.
- Spread half of the whipping cream over the strawberries.
- Place the rest of the cake slices over the whipping cream.
- Spread the rest of the whipping cream on top of the cake slices.
- Let cake set in the freezer for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- When ready, lift the cake out of the pan, cut and serve.